July 17, 2009

crowk...

Sister 2 is now a Crow. The person who originally had that part didn't show up to rehearsal, so Sister 2 got it instead. Sister 1 could potentially be an apple tree; she just isn't sure about the stilts. I wouldn't be either-even though I'm a dancer I'm terribly clumsy. Sister 2's only concern is changing from costume to costume. She's all ready a flying monkey and a Munchkin. She's crowking with concern at this point.

A crowk moment for me was going to rehearsal last night just for kicks and giggles with my mom and Sister 2. Erin, our dearly beloved choreographer, has struck again. This time she pretty much took over the blocking rehearsal to polish the Munchkins' dance. Not cool-Steve (director) needed all of the time possible to block the Munchkins, Dorothy, Glinda, Witch, and Toto. Again, I see the problem in dancers of too many chiefs and not enough indians. Ugh.

Speaking of plays (since this blog is dedicated to one :) ), I went to see my friend Ruthie's play tonight. It's called "The Promised Land", based on First Nephi in the Book of Mormon (yes, I'm LDS [if you didn't know that all ready :)], and to learn more email me at wannabkenobi at gmail dot com or check out mormon.org). Ruthie wasn't the only one in it; my friend Jordan had a major role as well, playing the youngest of Ishmael's two sons and the sort of flip-flopping between good and bad type. As I watched him, I began to realize how much I like him. Which is a second crowk...Ruthie has liked Jordan for a very long time. I've always tried to suppress the fact that I find him attractive (and gorgeous) because of this. Well, can't help it now. Just keep it between us, okay?

Crowks and more crowks. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any wizardly comments? Feel free to spew them here!