July 28, 2009

Act I...

No, it's not the ACT test. It's Act I, the first half of the play. The blocking was completed last Thursday evening, and tonight it was run all the way through for the first time. All in all it wasn't bad. Dorothy needs to be a little less nervous, and the Lion had a chest cold. The Scarecrow really moves like a scarecrow. The Tin Man needs a costume. The Witch needs to be more witchy, and Glinda needs to be less uptight and funnier. Those were just the things that I noticed.

I'm excited for the 21st of August because...WE'RE GOING TO BE ON TV!!! YAY!!! I think it's Good Morning Utah or something, from 6:00-9:00 in the morning. Big Buddha is coming to do the story. The last time I met him was when I was maybe five or six, when Fred Meyer opened close to my house. I was on TV then, too, dancing to the live band. Wow, I can't believe I remember that.

I'm so excited. The 21st is the second day of school (B day), so I'll probably ditch my classes that day and go to the rehearsal instead. I mean, how important is the second day of school? Well, pretty darn. But that's okay. I'll just check what classes I have, go talk to the teachers I have for B-days after school on A-days, and tell them that I won't be there because I have a film shoot and big rehearsal. What can they do? Sue me?

Tonight we start Act II, which is the only act I'm in. I belive we're working on the MOLO scene and dance number, and then Darren's "King of the Forest" number. I am SO excited to watch him play the Lion in that number. He is fantastic, seriously.

Sister 2's costume for the Munchkin land is finished. It looks so cute. Pink, blue, and white with red ruby trim on the bottom. The red is going to be throughout the whole show on everyone's costumes. I think it's the director's placement of the symbolic red and "no place like home." Everyone carries the color of home on them. Cool, isn't it? Sister 1's Ozzian costume is almost complete, and mine has been cut out. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any wizardly comments? Feel free to spew them here!