September 4, 2011

audition process...

So! The auditioning is going farely well. The DVD is all set and ready to mail. I finally picked two songs and a monologue. The upbeat song, "Wonderful, Wonderful Day" from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers went pretty well. The ballad, "God Help the Outcasts" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame was a bit harder, because of the emotion you have to play throughout the song. Sometimes I was playing it too defensively. That's the beauty of a DVD audition: you can stop the camera and roll another take!

Now it's on to a photo shoot (ugh) for headshots to go with the audition packet, then filling out the packet itself. After that, it's all set to go to SLC! I hope it works out. But if not, I guess I've got nothing to lose except postage money. And that's nothing compared to what I have to pay for gas. :P

Speaking of auditions...LDC is back in session!! The auditions were on Thursday and Friday of last week. Thank heavens I didn't have to try out again (once you're in, you're in...unless you get married or you "graduate" after three years. Then you're kicked out). Hearing all of those singers who auditioned, I don't know if I would have made it into the choir! There were so many good voices. I'm glad I don't have to pick who will get in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any wizardly comments? Feel free to spew them here!