August 16, 2009

rehearsal....of DOOM...

Yesterday was our first Rehearsal of Doom, otherwise known as pre-tech. It was basically a watered down version of what will come next Saturday, aka Tech Rehearsal, which is the major whopping Rehearsal of Doomness.

It started out at 9:00 in the morning. For me, Emma, Balin, Jazmin, and the Ewell clan, it began at about 9:14. We were late because of Perry's (Carisa's hubby) anxiety over their four boys' lack of hair combing. The Tornado of Hair commenced, with Perry squirting down each kid with water and slashing the comb through the hair. Voila. Perfectly straight side parts, with a masculine sweep across the forehead. Very dashing.

The girls and I didn't have anything to do until the middle of the first act (except me, who isn't onstage until after intermission). We spent most of the morning laughing and shrieking hysterically about nothing. Greg did make us collapse in fits of giggles when we saw him-the whole Gonzo Tin Man thing was still fresh in our minds from last night. Brenden laughed so hard when we told him why we were laughing at Greg that he couldn't make a sound. Greg laughed at first, but after a third retelling to passerby he growled. Really. That just made us squeal louder.

Thankfully we only had to run MOLO and Jitterbug once through. Doing it twice is death times twenty. Not good. Once I got finished with all of my scenes, I pretty much did nothing. I read some of the book that I brought ("Sister to the Wolf") and just watched the run of Act II. It wasn't until dad got there with Misty that we decided to go and get food. Yay!

Wal-Mart sandwiches are truly the bestest thing ever. While mom and Misty were being filmed for a couple of the scenes (Mom as Auntie Em inside the witch's crystal ball and Misty in the Wizard chamber), dad, Sister 1, and I went to the store to pick up some lunch. Sandwiches, chips, PowerAde, and some grapes made the menu. Misty had a little bit of the meat on my sandwich, but not much. Otherwise she gets WAY picky and won't eat anything. Malteses are like that.

So, Rehearsal of Doom ended at about 3:00 for my family. Naptime commenced, with me not waking up until 9:00. Haha. Oops. Since I couldn't sleep, I watched a few episodes of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" on my laptop. I like that show. Too much, probably.

Oh, boy, I can't WAIT for Rehearsal of Doom part two! It's going to be sooo amazing!

Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any wizardly comments? Feel free to spew them here!