August 8, 2009

annual IHOP night...

is the best ever. From perfectly timed lemon arrivals during Greg's "Lemon Speech" to mystical water spills onto poor Brenden, it was great. I am SOOO glad that mom decided to let us go. It truly was the bomb diggety dog dot com.

There were probably 20 people there, give or take a few. There are 120 people in the cast, so not bad. About 1/6. We had an Act II run, so there weren't any Munchkins and we ran both dance numbers. Let me tell you, Jitterbug is no picnic. I am sucking wind like crazy! Bleh. I also tried on my costume for aforementioned dance, and I look hideous. I'm the only one who's saying that, but are you really going to be honest to a teenage girl wearing a skin tight unitard? Didn't think so. At least it's black this time. In CATS mine was white.

I also registered to take the ACT test. I do NOT want to take it. Do NOT. But I am, on September 12. Ew.

Anywho, IHOP was awesome. Some of us late auditorium leavers began the festivities with a rousing line dance to "Boot Scootin' Boogy" on the stage. This included a few people who didn't go to IHOP, which was fine. They helped me kick off the night and tweak my back into the proper position (being a convincing and frightening J-bug can sometimes force your muscles into odd and rather painful positions). That was so fun, it really was. I didn't even feel stupid. Yay!

Brenden, Kaila, Kara, Erica, Necia, Greg, Celena (sorry if I spelled it wrong), Ramona, Laura, me, Meghan, Amanda, Michelle, Megan, mom, Miranda, and seven or eight other people I don't remember the names of (SORRY!!!) were at the restaurant when we arrived (we were the last ones there). Our waiter, Nic, was extremely friendly and put up with our ridiculous drama-ness. We're weird, and we know it, so deal. I mean, you cannot keep from busting up with laughter while watching Brenden run to the bathroom twice in an hour and a half after downing perhaps a gallon of Dr. Pepper, or fall off of your chair when ice is placed down your back, or lose your head when Kara tells you stories of Darren during her and her husband's dating years, or when Kaila grabs the waiter saying "Look what I've got! He's the bestest friend ever!". You can't help it. It's just too funny. Or do those fall into the category of you had to be there to appreciate it? Hm...

I was the only one who didn't order some sort of breakfast food. People got pancakes, omelets, crepes, sausage, bacon, eggs, hot chocolate, more lemons...but not me. Nope. I had a giant, beautiful, creamy, strawberry and vanilla delight of a Sundae. And it was truly fantabularifical (my word, you canNOT have it :D ). I want another one.

Another great thing about Annual IHOP Night was catching a glimpse of a late night Scrabble game over pancakes at one of the tables. I think that is a phenomenal idea, and I am so using it when I get older. Or at least if I ever have a later curfew.

OH BOY!!! ANNUAL IHOP NIGHT ROCKS MY SOCKS! Even though I wasn't wearing any at the time...

Let's do it again next year!

Uh, oh. I forgot I have work in the morning. *shrug* Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any wizardly comments? Feel free to spew them here!