June 9, 2009

ji-ji-ji-jitterbug...

Tonight was the first rehearsal for the Jitterbug dance number. My sisters and I went out with my mom even though we didn't have to be there because she needed help with the dogs and we almost got bugurglarized (tee hee) a few nights ago. She didn't want to leave us alone. Anyway, Meghan and I were not in the number until my nana had a fit and forced us down the choreographer's throat (nana's the A.D.). Well, my mom wouldn't hear of it. She talked to Erin, the girl who's doing the dance routines, and explained to her that neither of us would be upset if we weren't in the dance. After my mom talked to her, Erin wasn't mad (I think). She told us to try it out and she'd see what happened later.

I have not been so happy in the longest time. Being up on that stage dancing was amazing. I haven't taken any dance classes for over a year now, and I'd forgotten how good it feels to move. I hope Erin lets us stay in it, because it's amazing. The movement isn't very hard at all, but it's still a challenge to be able to learn it and remember it. Best thing ever, really. 'Cept for the stage lights. I'd also forgotten how hot they get.

The second dance rehearsal for Jitterbug will be tomorrow night. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any wizardly comments? Feel free to spew them here!